EASY // BUDGET FRIENDLY // DELISH
Like most out there I have an obsession for Iced Coffee... however daily trips to Dunkin Donuts - or even more expensive Starbucks really add up!
If you've ever just tried to add ice to your hot coffee, something very lack luster happens...it takes like water, and nothing even close to the lovely DD or SB iced coffee.
As I was sifting my batch of cold brew this morning it dawned on me...OH MY GOD! I should share this recipe with all of you!
I've been making this for years now, and not only is is SUPER cheap to make...but it taste amazing! The average cost to make this is roughly $6.00, and it last up to 2 weeks!!!
WHAT DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS?
ONE TIME PURCHASES
- 1 can of condensed sweetened milk
- 1 - 2 cans of evaporated milk ( sub with regular milk / soy milk / coconut milk etc. )
- 10 - 12 oz of coffee - any kind you prefer. I use Cafe Bustelo ( espresso ) since I like more of an iced latte.
- Sugar - the sweetened condensed milk is already sweet, so unless you really like sweet coffee you will not need additional sugar.
- Flavored syrups. I personally add caramel syrup to mine, since I LOVE caramel!!!
OK! LETS GET TO IT
This is such an easy process I swear!
- STEP ONE
Pour your water into the pitcher, then add the whole entire container of coffee and mix them together. This will sit in your fridge for 12 - 24 hours to steep.
*This is concentrated, so a little bit goes a long way once it's done.
- STEP TWO
The not so fun, messy part ( but don't worry it's totally worth it )
Grab an extra pitcher or bowl, then grab your cheesecloth and place it over the top of the extra container. Dump the coffee into the empty pitcher/bowl over the cheesecloth to separate the coffee grinds from the concentrated mix.
* I usually just rinse out the pitcher it was originally in, and return the coffee concentrate to that one - I use this pitcher here, which keeps it fresh for a long time!
- STEP THREE
Time to make your sweet cream woot woot!!!
hold onto your seats guys, this is a tough one...
Literally take your can of condensed milk, and your can(s) of evaporated milk and mix them together! You can either keep this mix separate and pour in as you make your morning coffee, or you can mix it into the actual concentrate for it to be ready to go!
* if you dump the sweet cream into the concentrate you will most likely want it more creamy since it is strong. Just add in extra milk as needed!!
Let me know how you guys like it once you try it!!! Also if you have any questions just comment down below + I will answer shortly.